[Freeswitch-users] Best practices / tips for Event socket daemon

Nicolas Brenner nicolas at medularis.com
Fri Aug 7 17:23:51 PDT 2009

Hi, I built an event socket daemon that waits for certain events, when it
receives those events, it does some processing and keeps waiting for more
events. The daemon is written on PHP and uses a slightly modified version of
fs_sock.php (from contrib/intralanman/PHP/fs_sock/).

What I am doing / what I want to do: I am generating calls and bridging them
using a JS script. Then the daemon logs the info about the calls and keeps
track of their status in a database.

The problem is: the daemon is apparently missing out on some events, and I
think it is because of the processing/updating on the DB it has to do each
time it "catches" an event on the socket.

My question is: which language would you recommend for the task, and how
would you go about handling events? Should the dameon fork a process for
each event it receives so that it doesn't miss any events? should there be
more than one daemon? ... any tips and recommendations are welcome.

Thanks!

Nicolas