[Freeswitch-users] event socket vs erlang

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Tue Aug 4 06:49:27 PDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 07:08:36PM +0800, mark morreny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have seen people using both event socket and erlang to control freeSWITCH
> externally.
>
> What is the pros and cons of using event socket vs erlang?

It depends on if you want to use erlang or not. The erlang module
provides most of the event socket functionality plus a couple extras
(dynamic XML bindings ala xml_curl, intelligent message delivery, etc).
If you're not already planning to use erlang, it's probably better to
dig out the relevant event socket library module for your langague
instead.

Andrew - author of the erlang module