[Freeswitch-users] Authentication problem when calling softphones from ipphones

julien jgonzalez at sqli.com
Mon Aug 3 06:41:09 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,
I'm using a SIP trunk to link my PBX and FS.
My problem is when I try to call a softphone on FS from my ipphone, I've
the following error on FS during Authentication :

2009-08-03 14:58:27.123817 [DEBUG] sofia.c:4554 IP [PBX IP@] Rejected by
acl "domains". Falling back to Digest auth.
2009-08-03 14:58:27.235492 [DEBUG] sofia.c:4554 IP [PBX IP@] Rejected by
acl "domains". Falling back to Digest auth.
2009-08-03 14:58:27.235492 [WARNING] sofia_reg.c:1755 Can't find user
[@[FS IP@]]
You must define a domain called '[FS IP@]' in your directory and add a
user with the id="" attribute
and you must configure your device to use the proper domain in it's
authentication credentials.

I defined my gateway to the PBX this way :

<include>
  <gateway name="pbxlyon">
  <param name="username" value="pbxlyon"/>
  <param name="realm" value="[PBX IP@]"/>
  <param name="password" value="pbxlyon"/>
  <param name="register" value="false"/>
  <param name="register-transport" value="udp"/>
  <param name="retry_seconds" value="300"/>
  </gateway>
</include>

I don't want the PBX to try to authenticate because I can't define a
username nor a password for the authentication.
Thank for you time.
Best regards,
Julien GONZALEZ.