[Freeswitch-users] HELP 3-way network access

Edward Q. q.edward at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:12:16 PDT 2009

Hi guys ..

I need your help please...
I am trying to setup an FS box. It has to be like a 3 way thing since i
reside in one network - my FS machine resides on another network - and my
provider (gateway) resides on another network.
I am going to try to be specific as much as i can.
I did a Quick and Dirty install. Here is my testing servers info.

Hardware
Intel Dual Core 2.6 GHZ
Real memory     3.56 GB total, 267.71 MB used
Hard Drives     1 SATA 250GB
MotherBoard     Biostar P4M900-M4 Motherboard - VIA P4M900, Socket 478,
MicroATX

Software
Operating system     CentOS Linux 5.2
Kernel and CPU     Linux 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5 on i686
Apache            2.2.3
MySQL            5.0.45
SSH                OpenSSH 4.3
freeswitch at internal> version
FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.trunk (13181M)

Ok the FS testing server resides on xxx.9.10.xxx.
The gateway resides on xxx.9.9.xxx.
And my computer resides on 75.74.xxx.xxx (My computer has X-lite) installed.
When i create the SIP profile on X-Lite in my computer and tell X-Lite to
register on xxx.9.10.xxx It says discovering network ... Initializing...
Registering ... And then it shows up your Your username is: 1000 (looks like
it is registered).
Now when i try to dial 5000 to listen at least to the IVR demo i get ... The
person you are calling is unavailable please try again ... message. and
shows on the top of the username  ... Call failed: Request Timeout (message)

And on the fs_cli console it shows this ..

freeswitch at internal> 2009-04-29 11:46:05 [DEBUG] sofia.c:4242
sofia_handle_sip_i_invite() IP 75.74.xxx.xxx Rejected by acl "domains".
Falling back to Digest auth.

I am a total noob on this. I replaced my original acl.conf.xml with this...

<configuration name="acl.conf" description="Network Lists">
        <network-lists>
          <list name="test1" default="deny">
            <node type="allow" cidr="75.74.xxx.0/24"/>
          </list>
        </network-lists>
</configuration>

I shutdown FS and then restart FS with the -nc option.
And Still the same thing.
My gateway is a CANTATA switch which does not require authentication.
I am trying to generate a call from my 75.74.xxx.xxx using X-Lite to a PSTN
phone on the outside using the CANTATA switch on xxx.9.9.xxx through my FS
box on xxx.9.10.xxx
But as for now I can't even get the IVR to work for now ...
Since i don't know anything about FS i would like to know what am i doing
wrong.. And what files have to be either created or updated to do this.

Thanks to everyone for all the help
Edward