[Freeswitch-users] Compact, fanless appliance?

mszlazak at aol.com mszlazak at aol.com
Fri Apr 24 08:19:11 PDT 2009

 1. Hell no.

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred-145 <codecomplete at free.fr>
To: freeswitch-users at lists.freeswitch.org
Sent: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 3:30 am
Subject: Re: [Freeswitch-users] Compact, fanless appliance?

Fred-145 wrote:

> I think it'd be very useful if the wiki included a list of devices that
> can run Freeswitch in addition to a regular PC, especially those that cost
> < $150.

Here's a list of makers of basic routers per www.cheaprouter.us:

2Wire, 3Com, ADTRAN, Apple, Belkin, CNet, CP Technology, Cisco, Cisco
Systems, Compaq, D-Link, Edimax, Efficient Networks, Hawking Technology,
Hewlett-Packard, Linksys, Motorola, Netgear, Netopia, Nortel, SMC, TP-Link,
TRENDnet, Zoom, ZyXel

For those of you used to tinker with this type of basic hardware...
1. Can a non-expert go from opening the box to getting a Freeswitch server
up and running without spending days figuring it out?
2. Are they fast enough for SOHO use (a couple of simultaneous SIP
conversations + small LAMP web server)?
3. Do they offer a CompactFlash plug to provide a few gigabytes of storage
before plugging an external drive?

Thank you.