[Freeswitch-users] Compact, fanless appliance?

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Fri Apr 24 04:23:30 PDT 2009

A perfect device is also the FitzBox 7270, which is very popular over
here in Germany (more than 5 Mio Installations).

http://www.avm.de/en/Produkte/FRITZBox/FRITZ_Box_Fon_WLAN_7270/index.php

It offers
- ISDN port
- 2 analogue ports (perfect for fax)
- DECT (GAP) for up to 6 devices
- 4 LAN ports
- WLAN draft n
- USB port
- and costs about 190 Euros incl. tax.

It's Linux based and a number of extension have been built for this
device, see
http://www.wehavemorefun.de/fritzbox/index.php/Main_Page (unfortunately
in German)

If we could make it run with freeswitch + TLS/SRTP - wow!

Has anybody already tried to make FS running on that device?

Best regards
Peter