[Freeswitch-users] Is RFC 4733 supported ?

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Thu Apr 23 08:04:27 PDT 2009

rfc 4733 attempts (and fails miserably) to clarify rfc2833.  It
doesn't "really" change anything of any real substnace.  Our handling
of these packets tries very hard to be strict in what we send and
loose in what we accept and we tend to interoperate pretty well with
most endpoints.  That being said, there are some very broken endpoints
out there (such as sonus) that require special hacks, some are
automatic, some require settings.  All that being said, we should be
very compliant with both 2833 and 4733, although you will generally
see references in settings refer to 2833.

Mike