[Freeswitch-users] no RTP send during Voice Mail recording

Chris Chen chris.chen2004 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 09:58:12 PDT 2009

Hi kokoska
Actually, you can request your VSP to set the rtptimeout or whatever
parameter in their SIP server to a reasonable value such as 300 seconds as 5
minutes should be enough for most standard business voice mail service,
otherwise you should wait for live calls instead of leaving voice messages.

In * they have the following setting which is default to 60 seconds if
nothing changed

rtptimeout=300                  ; Terminate call if 60 seconds of no RTP or
RTCP activity
                                ; on the audio channel
                                ; when we're not on hold. This is to be able
to hangup
                                ; a call in the case of a phone disappearing
from the net,
                                ; like a powerloss or grandma tripping over
a cable.

This works with one of my ITSP as they provide SIP trunking via *

Hope this helps.

Chris