[Freeswitch-users] Event sockets and IPC

David Knell dave at 3c.co.uk
Sat Apr 18 13:06:21 PDT 2009

Hi -

Consider a situation where I've two call legs up, each talking to a
controlling process using an outbound event socket connection from FS.
They each know the other's UUID.

I'd like to send an arbitrary message from one to the other.  I was
going to build some sort of IPC thing, but it struck me that the elegant
way to do it would be via FS' event mechanism - that way the messages
come in to the processes in exactly the same way as, for example, DTMF
indications.

Problem I'm having is working out how to (and, indeed, whether one can)
use sendevent to send a CUSTOM event to a specific UUID, and I was
wondering if anyone would be kind enough to put me out of my misery one
way or the other - or have I missed another mechanism for doing this?

Cheers --

Dave