[Freeswitch-users] Detecting DTMF during a bridged call

Pete Mueller pete at privateconnect.com
Fri Apr 17 13:12:57 PDT 2009

Quick question ya'll:

Is there a way to detect DTMF during bridged conversation? Or do I have to
use a conference for that?

Scenario: Caller A dials in and is bridged with caller B (in my case via lua
-  session:execute("bridge", some_route)) If at any time during the
conversation caller B presses "*" the bridge should break, Caller A
transferred to extension 1234 and caller B transferred to extension 5678.

I don't want to create a conference because I will only have 2 callers ever,
and creating 200 2-caller conferences seemed like a waste of resources.
However, if the actual resource usage for conference vs. bridge isn't really
noticeable, then maybe conference is the way to go.

I thought I figured out how to do this one day, but now I can't remember how

-pete