[Freeswitch-users] Skypiax as a windows service

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 15:30:47 PDT 2009

are you planning on just signaling on TCP or both audio and signalling
cos realtime audio over TCP kinda stinks.

you may find that just running FS as the farm and calling to it with sip is
more or less the same idea with no work ;)

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Giovanni Maruzzelli
<gmaruzz at celliax.org>wrote:

> EG: in the "farm out" scenario there will be FS talking via TCP to a
> "farm client" (on local machine or remote). The "farm client" talks
> with Skype client instances running on the same machine the "farm
> client" is running on.
>
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 1:47 PM, UV <uv at yuvalhertzog.com> wrote:
> > Decoupling the Skyiax from FS will solve the problem as I assume it'll
> use
> > TCP/IP (winsock) to interface with FS - therefore, I can run it still on
> the
> > same machine but two separate sessions.
>
> yes, it uses TCP for this. So you would end up with FS (with Skypiax
> module) running on RDP while the Skype client instances are running as
> services, on the same machine (or in different machines). FS will talk
> to Skype client instances via TCP.
> Is this acceptable to you?
>
> Other question: why not running FS as a service too? If you run FS as
> a service and Skype clients as services, all things would works? Why
> you want to use RDP for? (sorry for the silly questions, I just want
> to understand better).
>
> > However, I think getting the Skypiax
> > to work as a service will be more beneficial regardless if it's decoupled
> or
> > not.
>
> What do you mean? I believe that Skypiax (as an FS module) works when
> FS is run as service. Your problem seems to me that you cannot run
> Skype instances under RDP because they cannot access the sound device.
> Is this correct?
>
> gm

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/