[Freeswitch-users] Skypiax as a windows service
uv at yuvalhertzog.com
Mon Apr 13 04:32:12 PDT 2009
Great work on Skypiax, Giovanni.
We've tested it in our lab for sometime and it works very well.
Unfortunately, when we tried deploying it on a production environment
(running Win2K3 server farm), we ran into a barrier:
1. FS is running as terminal server console application (to be easily
maintained remotely by RDP)
2. This is because Win2K does not allow RDP to access system console
(session /userid 0)
3. Skype does not work on terminal server due to a well known
disappearing audio drivers problem, therefore it has to run either as a
console or a service (both on session 0).
4. FS can run well as a windows service
5. Skypiax seem to load as service, but it can't find the skype client
and exit with the following error:
2009-04-13 20:54:14 [ERR] mod_skypiax.c:990 load_config() rev
13006M[00000000|37 ][ERRORA 990 ][skype_user ][-1, 0, 0] Failed to
connect to a SKYPE API for interface_id=1, no SKYPE client running, please
(re)start Skype client. Skypiax exiting
This situation prevents me to run skypiax in production.
I understand from the wiki page that windows service is not done yet - so I
presume this is a predicted outcome.
Any idea when and if this is planned to be implemented?
Keep up the good work!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FreeSWITCH-users