[Freeswitch-users] Selecting a particular outgoing gateway ?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Sat Apr 11 22:29:35 PDT 2009

David Robinson <pawzlion at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this how I should be doing this ? I want to specify a different
> gateway for a different rexep. Please give me some idea what path I
> should take.

Make sure that FreeSWITCH actually reaches your extensions while searching the
dial plan. Order is important: if another extension is matched first, and
continue="true" is not specified in that extension, your extension will never
be invoked.

I would also suggest creating a new file in conf/dialplan/default instead of
editing the default.xml file, unless of course you want to eliminate some of
the extensions provided in default.xml in the sample configurations.

Use the sofia status commands from fs_cli to see whether FreeSWITCH is
registering to your gateways. for example, sofia status gateway <gateway name>

If it doesn't work, the debug logs are in logs/freeswitch.log; read them
carefully, as they will usually enable you to pinpoint the problem.

To see where your extensions appear in the dial plan, have a look in
logs/freeswitch.xml.fsxml, but don't edit that file!

I hoe this helps.