[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch on a laptop listening on 127.0.0.1 and memory consumption

Szymon Olko solko at gcdf.pl
Wed Apr 8 10:11:29 PDT 2009

Peter P GMX pisze:
> It's linux, yes.
> The way I got around the problem that memory may not be freed is:
>
>     * to reboot the system.
>     * look for used memory
>     * start FS
>     * look for used memory
>     * calculate the difference
>
> That way it showed 24-25M which I can understand.

I meant that FS can use less memory now they 24-25 M, what is RES shows is exactly that value. In those 24-25 M are buffers for
files which now are not needed for FS and kernel handles that memory. It is show as used but is not used by FS. Kernel uses it and
will free it when there will be lack of memory.

Always look at RES value if you want to know FS consumption.

Szymon