[Freeswitch-users] freeswitch on a laptop listening on 127.0.0.1 and memory consumption

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Tue Apr 7 10:19:16 PDT 2009

I want to do the following:
Due to missing Softclient with TLS/SRTP support on my Linux laptop
(Zoiper is almost there, but not yet with SRTP) I want to install a
local FS to listen on a local IP and then communicate via TLS/SRTP to my
FS in the Office.
As My Laptop has changing IPs (e.g. Ethernet-Cable, WLAN, UMTS) I want
FS to listen on 127.0.0.1, connect my local VoIP client (Twinkle) to the
local FS and communicate to the FS in my office through the public or
LAN IP (maybe via STUN, public IP may change due to change of network
connection).
1st Question: Is that possible or is another solution preferrable?
2nd Question: How can I change the amount of memory FS tries to reserve
to an absolute minumum (I only have 1 call at a time). Currently it
tries to reserve about 360M if I read that right.

Best regards
Peter