[Freeswitch-users] How to call multi gateways for failover with early media?

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 00:32:38 PDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 2:41 AM, dujinfang <dujinfang at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2009, at 8:13 AM, Brian West wrote:
>
> First one to give media wins unless you ignore_early_media
> /b
>
> Thanks, I tested again. That's exactly what I want except the problem
> sometimes the gateway gives (wrong)early_media but fails immediately, so I
> have no chance to hear the early media. And unfortunately the gateway is
> beyond my control. :(
> Will do more testing.

  I'm not really sure how else FS should handle this...  As Brian said
"first one with media wins".  That's the problem with early media.  Is
it ringback that might turn into a completed call?  Is it some error
message played to the user?  Is it someones voicemail system, trying
to save some money?  One way or another, is it something the user
should hear?  No way to know, really...

  180/183 with SDP is a bit ambiguous.  I always get frustrated when
various people /insist/ on using 183 w/ SDP just for ringback.  Have
they never heard of 180 w/o SDP?  Let me generate my own local
ringback and/or handle the situation accordingly!

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org