[Freeswitch-users] Unexpected acl behavior. Feature or bug?

Noah Silverman noah at allresearch.com
Tue Sep 30 00:41:17 PDT 2008

Hi,

As some of you are probably aware, I've had a really hard time getting
asterisk to work with FS.

The effective_caller_id_number and the accountcode were not getting
logged or passed through on outgoing calls.

I finally solved the problem, but attribute it to some unexpected
behavior of the acl setting.  I'm curious as to whether this is the
intended behavior, or a bug.

In my sip profile, I had apply-inbound-acl set to a list that
contained the IP of my asterisk box.  Apparently, when this happens,
FS was allowing ANY call from my asterisk box without registration.
Subsequently, since FS was just blindly accepting the call with no
registration, it didn't match anything in the directory and no
accountcode or caller-id was set.

By simply removing the inbound-acl setting, I was able to have
everything working perfectly.

My understanding was that the goal of the inbound-acl was to limit
which IP FS would accept SIP requests from.  I was not aware that it
would then accept any call blindly without any associated user.
Interesting....

If any of the FS developers are interested in the exact configuration
file that I'm using, please contact me directly and I'll forward the
file to you.

-Noah