[Freeswitch-users] Re gistering remote extensions.

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 11:18:08 PDT 2008

Anthony Minessale-2 wrote:

> I am quite suprised by how much difficulty people seem to have with this
> concept.

I am talking about the concept of user at domain.com.  The point is not to
insult you it's to find out what the difficult
to understand thing is so we can fix it.  The error message has been tweaked
many times to try and explain the problem
to the user, do you have any suggestions?

What year are we talking about btw, the apple I which is not even the first
computer was released in 1976
so were you really doing telephony stuff in the 40's ?

Anyway,

you should back up your config and upgrade to the latest SVN trunk with
fresh install and try again.
I can see by those error messages you have a much older revision of the
default config.

Just try the fresh vanilla install install, you should be able to register
any 2 phones at an
extension of 1001 and 1002 with password 1234, use the ip of your server as
the domain.

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 4:48 AM, henkoegema <pabx_freeswitch at telenet.be>wrote:

> [...]
> > in your directory config and the user and domain in your sip client
> match,
> > that's all that's to it.
> >

> What I did is following (may be it's useful to other people ?)
>
> 1. in the file  ..../conf/directory/default.xml  I changed the line:
> <domain name="$${domain}">    to   <domain name="xxxx.ftpaccess.cc">
>
> 2. in each remote extension I added (see bold lines)
>
>  <include>
>  <user id="2010" mailbox="2010">
>   <domain name="xxxx.ftpaccess.cc">
>    <params>
>      param name="password" value="2010"/>
>      param name="vm-password" value="2010"/>
>    </params>
>    <variables>
>      <variable name="accountcode" value="2010"/>
>      <variable name="user_context" value="default"/>
>      <variable name="effective_caller_id_name" value="Terje"/>
>      <variable name="effective_caller_id_number" value="2010"/>
>    </variables>
>   </domain>
>  </user>
> </include>
>

> I now have three remote extensions:
>
> Two extensions are registered in the profile internal:
> freeswitch at ubuntu> sofia status profile internal
> Registrations:
>
> =================================================================================================
> Call-ID         1f491145-b7274a7c at 193.173.175.2xx
> User            2011 at xxxx.ftpaccess.cc
> Contact         2011 <sip:2011 at 193.173.175.2xx:5090>     <-----------FXS
> line
> Agent           Linksys/SPA3000-3.1.18(GW)
> Status          Registered(UDP)(unknown) EXP(2008-09-27 12:31:56)
>
> Call-ID         a694c000-2ff772fd at 193.173.175.2xx
> User            2012 at xxxx.ftpaccess.cc
> Contact         2012 <sip:2012 at 193.173.175.2xx:5091>     <-------------FXO
> line
> Agent           Linksys/SPA3000-3.1.18(GW)
> Status          Registered(UDP)(unknown) EXP(2008-09-27 13:11:25)
>

> and one extension is registered in the profile doublenat:
> freeswitch at ubuntu> sofia status profile doublenat
> Registrations:
>
> =================================================================================================
> Call-ID         1554239560 at 192_168_0_197
> User            2010 at xxxx.ftpaccess.cc
> Contact         Terje <sip:2010 at 79.160.18.xx:5090>
> Agent           TARGA IP FON 1020
> Status          Registered(UDP)(unknown) EXP(2008-09-27 11:30:20)
>
> =================================================================================================
>
> I assume(??)  the reason that they are in different profiles is that ext.
> 2010 is behind a remote nat and 2011 and 2012 are not.
>
> I have come so far now that my three remote extensions are registered with
> my FS server.
>

> The only outstanding issue is that if I call each of them I get:
>
> 2010 (2011, 2012)  is not available. Record your message at the tone.......

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/

AIM: anthm