[Freeswitch-users] Re gistering remote extensions.

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 06:19:17 PDT 2008

Doesn't the long winded error message even give you a hint?

I am quite suprised by how much difficulty people seem to have with this
concept.

SIP and FS are both domain based. Just like email, IM and most other
internet protocols.

If you are pointing a sip client at FS, you need to specify the same domain
in your sip phone that you have FS
configured to be in charge of.  It's like if you wanted to go to our website
you must point your browser at
freeswitch.org or you will not get there.  The IP that leads to
freeswitch.org may lead to 200 websites and the
domain name is the only realy way to tell where you want to go.
If you just tell the sip client the address of FS and FS is set to manage a
specific IP or domain name it will not be able to find the user.

like the error says, edit your directory and make sure the user and domain
in your directory config and the user and domain in your sip client match,
that's all that's to it.

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 4:12 AM, henkoegema <pabx_freeswitch at telenet.be>wrote:

> I still haven't been able to solve my problem.
>
> Still getting:
> =========
> 2008-09-26 11:02:59 [WARNING] sofia_reg.c:1247 sofia_reg_parse_auth() can't
> find user [2010 at xxxx.ftpaccess.cc]
> You must define a domain called 'xxxx.ftpaccess.cc' in your directory and
> add a user with the id="2010" attribute
> and you must configure your device to use the proper domain in it's
> authentication credentials.
> 2008-09-26 11:03:37 [WARNING] sofia_reg.c:1247 sofia_reg_parse_auth() can't
> find user [2010 at xxxx.ftpaccess.cc]
> You must define a domain called 'xxxx.ftpaccess.cc' in your directory and
> add a user with the id="2010" attribute
> and you must configure your device to use the proper domain in it's
> authentication credentials.
>
> Have no idea how to solve this.     :rules:
>
> Henk

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/