[Freeswitch-users] Sendevent syntax

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Fri Sep 26 04:59:24 PDT 2008

I have tried to get an understanding of the possibilities of sendevent,
and with the help from Brian West I had successes with a few, as shown
in the examples below:
Sendevent  NOTIFY
Event-string: talk
content-length: 2
content-type: application/simple-message-summary
Profile: internal
User: 1000088881000
Host: 10.3.1.11

Sendevent  SEND_MESSAGE
content-type: application/simple-message-summary
Profile: internal
User: 1000088881000
Host: 10.3.1.11

Sendevent  MESSAGE_WAITING
MWI-Message-Account: 1000088881000 at 10.3.1.11
MWI-Messages-Waiting: 3
MWI-Voice-Message: 2/1 (1/1)

I lack a general understanding of the syntax. I have tried to hangup a
session using CHANNEL_HANGUP where I made a qualified guess about the
headers, but it did not work (instead I used "api uuid_kill <uuid>").
Could I have an overview of the syntax or a hint about which code I
could look at in order to get a more full understanding? /Jon