[Freeswitch-users] Grandstream

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Mon Sep 22 00:42:25 PDT 2008

I highly recommend you report this go grandstream.  I have already
done so once and that was 6 months ago.  I can't believe this problem
still exists.

While G722 is a 16k codec the SDP and clock should be at 8k.  This is
due to a bug in the RFC.

RFC3551 section 4.5.2 clarifies this information.

    Even though the actual sampling rate for G.722 audio is 16,000 Hz,
    the RTP clock rate for the G722 payload format is 8,000 Hz because
    that value was erroneously assigned in RFC 1890 and must remain
    unchanged for backward compatibility.  The octet rate or sample-pair
    rate is 8,000 Hz.

Aastra also does G722 incorrectly.

Snom and Polycom  work great.

/b