[Freeswitch-users] Asiterisk Dialplan for Freeswitch

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Fri Sep 19 05:50:58 PDT 2008

On Sep 19, 2008, at 8:45 AM, Wasim Baig wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Gopal krishnan <saigop at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Is there any way that Asterisk dialplan can be used for
> freeswitch, since there is a flle extensions.conf in PREFIX/conf
> directory, is th possible with this file I can write a normal
> asterisk dialplan so that it will hit the freeswitch. If possible
> how can it be done any examples or any wiki is avaialble.
>
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_dialplan_asterisk
>
> make sure you load the mod first in modules.conf

Also, make sure to understand a big difference between asterisk and
FreeSWITCH.  in FreeSWITCH the dialplan is not parsed as-you-go as it
is in asterisk, so conceptually most ivr like applications will not
work with mod_dialplan_asterisk.  If you understand the limitations
(and some of the additional functionality) its a useful getting to
know path.

Mike