[Freeswitch-users] Setup as SIP/T.38 Proxy?

David E. Meier dev at eth0.ch
Thu Sep 11 23:39:06 PDT 2008

Hello list,

I saw in the description of the project that freeswitch is capable of some
proxy functions but could not read on in the documentation section about
that. So maybe anyone can give me some comments on my problem:

I run a T.38 based fax service for outbound and inbound calls. My voice
provider is not able to provide more than one hundered numbers per IP
address. Unfortunately, my faxing software cannot listen on a second IP.
So, I was thinking of adding another IP address on my existing server and
run some sort of proxy on it. Inbound calls would then be transferred to
the original server IP address.

Could that be solved with freeswitch? Does anyone see potential problems
with such a setup? Or are there even better solutions?

Thanks, David