[Freeswitch-users] running FS in the Amazon cloud / other scalability options

Brian B freeswitch at brian-burt.com
Sat Sep 6 00:14:41 PDT 2008

Thanks for the speedy response Brian W!

I was able to get the Amazon instance running, ssh to it etc (the hard
part), but couldn't get a softphone to register, nor  a sip connection from
elsewhere to sip:5000 at the.ip:5060 to give the IVR voice.

I did
ec2-authorize default -p 5060

to open port 5060 through the AWS gateway.

I was also able to open up the mod_event socket and listen in ... but just
to heartbeats.

Any other thoughts on getting the sip connections/registration through??

Thanks,

-Brian