[Freeswitch-users] SIP, NAT and Amazon EC2

Damon Brown damon at technicate.com
Fri Sep 5 17:29:19 PDT 2008

Hello All,

I have installed freeswitch on a computing cloud (Amazon EC2).  My main
network configurations are:

(FreeSwitch ARI LAN ) <---> (WAN) <------{INTERNET} -------> (WAN)
<---->  (SIP Soft or Hard Phone LAN)

I have pointed all of my clients to the external (5080) sip port ....

No matter what I try STUN, Port Forwarding or the "Use Asterisk Method"
settings in the directory, I get no audio.  My guess would be the RTP
side, but  at this point I feel like I have done everything I can and
still be a FreeSwitch Newb.  Can anyone provide any in-site?

Seems like a great system ... more directly the idea of no hardware
dependency!

Thanks in advance

Damon