[Freeswitch-users] record_session sound quality

Sune Kristensen shk at visanti.com
Thu Sep 4 02:38:36 PDT 2008

Hi

I am having some problems with the quality of the recordings, but only for some calls.

The FreeSWITCH server is running in Denmark and we have a phone provider in the UK (voipfone.co.uk). We have 2 external client connecting through OpenVPN, one in the UK and one in France.
If I call the UK number and the UK client answers it, the quality of the call is fine, but the recording is very bad quality, almost impossible to hear what is being said. If that call is then transferred to the client in France (Or to one of the internal clients in Denmark), the quality is good again from that point forward in the same recording.
I would think that the quality of the recording would be the same quality as the call itself, but that does not seem to be the case.
Anyone has an idea about what can cause this and how to solve it?

/Sune