[Freeswitch-users] NOOB QUESTION - Remote Extension Routing

Shawn Lewis shawnl at waterwheelnets.com
Tue Sep 2 17:14:03 PDT 2008

I have a number of remote extensions connecting to my server. After some
research I was able to get them register by creating a "doublenat.xml"
in the sip-profile.

So now I have users being able to register.  Though in the examples I
saw, the sample for being able to extension dial from an internal
registered phone to them is not so easy, and that is where my question is.

So I have extension 1001 registered locally.

I have extension 2010 registered remotely.
I have extension 2011 registered remotely.

2010 and 2011 both come from different locations.

In my default.xml dialplan, how would I setup being able to dial 2010 or
2011 without KNOWING the IP address of their gateway?

I have tried sofia/doublenat/2010 - doesnt work
I have tried sofia/doublenat/$1%$$x.x.x.x  - where x.x.x.x = my extern
IP - doesnt work
I have tried a manual sofia/doublenat/2010 at x.x.x.x = where x.x.x.x =
their NAT GW, and that does work

But I will not always know their GW address........

Thanks
Shawn

-----

--
The information contained in this e-mail and any attached documents may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient you may not read, copy, distribute or use this information.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.