[Freeswitch-users] Openzap: Analog FXO disconnect supervision. Is it possible to disconnect on busy? is battery reversal the default? is it power denial?

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 11:22:37 PDT 2008

Any method besides the tone based ones are supported by whichever IO layer
you choose.
For instance if you are using the zt mod (zaptel) then all the low level
analog signalling will be generated by zaptel for ground loop and kewl start
etc.

Tone based hangup detection is a higher level concept that could be
implemented in the core of openzap but would require constant tone detection
throughout the call and is susceptible to false positives etc.

it's not a common feature where I wrote the code from.  I have kewlstart
lines here and nobody has asked for it and I don't have a labbed up example
and I only have 2 hands therefore it's not implemented.

Like I said using tone_detect in FreeSWITCH with action hangup is not any
more or less glorious than how the feature would work right in openzap so
you can use it that way if you want.