[Freeswitch-users] g729 sounds files - voicemail

Gabriel Kuri gkuri at ieee.org
Fri Sep 19 14:27:19 EDT 2008

I've pretty much standardized on using g729 as the codec of choice for
the users connecting to my FS installation, primarily due to the users I
have that are on very slow connections and all of my carriers support
g729, so no need to transcode.

The sounds files that comes with FS are raw PCM files. Since FS is
unable to currently transcode to/from g729, is there any way to use
sounds files that are in the g729 format, such that it is technically
still "pass-through" on the FS side and no transcoding is required?

Ideally, I'm looking to install pre-coded g729 files for voicemail and
have FS playback those files when someone logs into voicemail. I haven't
tried simply replacing the files in the sounds directory, what I would
prefer is to have a separate directory structure with g729 sound files
and have FS detect the codec in use and automatically playback the files
for the appropriate codec?

Thanks Much...

Gabriel Kuri