[Freeswitch-users] Hangup problem/SIP BYE lacking authentication

Wellie Chao wchao at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 30 18:21:19 PDT 2008

Just to correct an error, I asked below "Will Freeswitch respond with an
authenticated BYE message even if the session was initiated in an
authenticated fashion by Metaswitch?" and I meant "even if the session was
initiated in an UNauthenticated fashion".

Also, to expound on the problem, I don't see how changing the realm will
help because the problem is not that Freeswitch is sending the wrong
realm, but that Freeswitch is not responding with an authenticated BYE
message at all -- it's only sending an unauthenticated BYE message. The
realm, while possibly important later, assumes that Freeswitch is using
authentication in the BYE message it sends to Metaswitch. Right now it's
not. From an intuitive point of view, it makes sense: Freeswitch is
thinking, "well Metaswitch, you called me, why do I need to authenticate
myself to you". The Aastra softswitch (in the other packet trace in the
ZIP file I sent in a previous email to this list) deals with this by
sending an authenticated BYE when the unauthenticated BYE fails with 401
Unauthorized. Is there some way I can configure Freeswitch to do the same?