[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch wedges in voicemail?

Marc Lewis marc at avvatel.com
Mon Oct 27 10:32:13 PDT 2008

I have a strange problem that I've been dealing with for the last week
or two.  Once or twice a day, Freeswitch will "wedge", in what appears
to be voicemail.  The switch is sort of still responding, meaning I can
issue various commands at the console, but no new sofia channels will be
handled, registrations start failing on the internal profile and no new
calls can come in from the external profile.

When it happens, existing channels stay up, but once they are completed,
no new channels can be created.  There is always one channel that
remains that looks something like (DID obfuscated):

api show channels

uuid,created,created_epoch,name,state,cid_name,cid_num,ip_addr,dest,application,application_data,dialplan,context,read_codec,read_rate,write_codec,write_rate
ea758bcf-25f5-4cde-9f6c-5e3f1226130f,2008-10-27
10:02:27,1225126947,sofia/external/253941xxxx at 204.11.200.165,CS_EXECUTE,253941xxxx,253941xxxx,199.245.214.150,328,voicemail,default
pgm.cisvp.com 246,XML,pgm,PCMU,8000,PCMU,8000

1 total.

I've been updating every weekend with the latest code, this is currently
trunk rev 10146.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?  Its driving me crazy.

 - Marc

--
Marc Lewis
Avvatel Corporation