[Freeswitch-users] Passwords in clear text

Peter P GMX Prometheus001 at gmx.net
Tue Oct 21 13:30:23 PDT 2008

Thanks for your support for the vm-passwords.

The most important part for us however is having hashed passwords for
external gateway definitions (we have a lot) and securing pins for
conferences.
Do we have a chance to add this also?

In our environment DTMF is of course transported via SRTP so this is
more secure (although the key exchange by SDES is known to have security
issues, as rtp streams may be replayed by a 3rd party, there is no
replay prevention mechanism in SDES and therefore also not in
freeswitch, hein?).

Best regards
Peter