[Freeswitch-users] Socket inbound or outbound with PHP?

Dennis odermann at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 21 07:37:39 PDT 2008

2008/10/20 Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com>:

>> A more precise question about inbound/outbound: I want to read out the
>> events from freeswitch with my PHP-script and then tell freeswitch,
>> what to do next. I have the feeling, that "outbound" is the way to go.
>> But of course I also want to be able to start calls. Can I do this by
>> using "outbound"?
>
> yes

But what is the difference between "bridge" and "originate" in
handling dials? "bridge" connects two calls together, but "originate"
seems to be a part of "bridge".
If we make a "bridge", both legs seem to bee in the same session, when
using socked outbound.

We make a "bridge" as follows:
$this->invokeMessage("bridge", "sofia/internal/1001 at 192.168.1.5");

When we use "originate" (which we prefer, because we do not want to
connect both call with each other immediately), we use the following
command:
$this->invokeCommand("API originate
{origination_caller_id_number=123455}sofia/internal/1001 at 192.168.1.5
123");

The problem is, that the new call is now in another call-session and
we do not know how to bring the calls together.

Does it have something to do with "API"? If yes, is there a way to use
"originate" with "sendmsg"?

Thanks
Dennis