[Freeswitch-users] mod_conference: Any way to pass conference PIN in the URI?

Joe Attardi joe.attardi at nortel.com
Mon Oct 13 06:14:10 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Part of an app I'm working on has a web UI for managing conferences on a
FreeSWITCH instance. One of the goals in this effort is to allow a
conference host to invite participants. We had initially used the 'api
conference dial/bgdial' commands, but unfortunately we ran into some
problems (we needed to provide credentials to our SIP proxy, among other
things).

So what we're doing now is inviting the person with a REFER. The
conference owner enters a phone extension/SIP URI and the remote party's
phone rings. When the remote party answers the call, it then REFERs
their phone to call the FreeSWITCH conference. If the conference
requires a PIN, then, obviously they get prompted for a PIN.

Here's the million dollar question: Is there any way to pass along the
conference PIN as a URI parameter or something like that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-- Joe