[Freeswitch-users] Mod Shout Errors

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 06:08:11 PDT 2008

What OS and hardware is it?  We have not seen this anywhere else?
If necessary, can we connect to the machine to investigate?

If so please email me privately with the login details and join irc (there
is a chat link on the freeswitch.org site)

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 7:26 PM, unknown <chris.chen2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Brian, here are the related config files:
> vars.xml
>
>   <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="hold_music_conf=local_stream://mp3"/>
>
> moduels.conf.xml
>
>    <!-- File Format Interfaces -->
>     <load module="mod_sndfile"/>
>     <load module="mod_native_file"/>
>     <!--For icecast/mp3 streams/files-->
>    <load module="mod_shout"/>
>     <!--For local streams (play all the files in a directory)-->
>     <load module="mod_local_stream"/>
>     <load module="mod_tone_stream"/>
>
> local_strean.conf.xml:
>
> <directory name="mp3" path="$${base_dir}/sounds/music/mp3">
>     <param name="rate" value="8000"/>
>     <param name="shuffle" value="true"/>
>     <param name="channels" value="1"/>
>     <param name="interval" value="20"/>
>     <param name="timer_name" value="soft"/>
>   </directory>
>
> and all MP3 files are placed under /opt/local/freeswitch/sounds/music/mp3
>
> It had been working fine until recently (a couple of days or weeks ago,
> when mod_shout undergone some changes I guess)
>
> Am I missing some new settings?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>

> On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:
>
>> Can you provide a sample of your configs and/or files you're playing?
>>
>> /b
>>
>> On Oct 11, 2008, at 6:09 PM, unknown wrote:
>>
>> > Hi there, anybody knows how to solve the issue of mod_shout errors
>> > after recent svn update?
>> > My mod_shout had been working fine playing MP3 files, but apparently
>> > some changes had been done to mod_shout recently, it is not working
>> > any more, with no configuration changes to local stream and mod
>> > shout,  freeswitch console kept getting the following error:
>> >
>> > [frame.c:918] error: Could not set optimization!
>> > 2008-10-11 19:03:56 [ERR] mod_shout.c:316 decode_fd() Decoder Error!
>> >

>> > Any ideas would be really appreciated
>> >
>> > Thanks,

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/