[Freeswitch-users] is tone_detect the right app?

Frank - IMPACT frank at impactfax.com
Fri Oct 10 11:14:42 PDT 2008

I am trying to catch a key being pressed during a bridged call.  The key
could be pressed by either leg of the call.  When the key is pressed, I want
to play into both channels some sound file or send in some TTS output.  Then
after the playback is done, allow the callers to resume their conversation.

For example, when someone in the call presses the 5 key, we want to say
their account balance to both parties by doing some TTS or playback some wav
files with the amount.  But the parties may press the 5 key at any time
during the call and we want to be able to detect it and react to it.

Is Tone_Detect the right tool for this type of feature ?  or am I missing
the right one?

If so, What frequency would we use for particular keys?

Will tone_Detect sniff both legs or would we just do both r and w on the
called leg?

Can the timeout just be a very large number or can we leave out the timeout
value so there is no timeout?

Thanks