[Freeswitch-users] Load test - performance not even matching Asterisk

Jon Bruel jbr at consiglia.dk
Thu Oct 9 07:36:47 PDT 2008

I have been asked by Mark Crane and others to contribute more positively
by joining the community, and I would be glad to do so. As with anyone I
have my own agenda being to create a virtual PBX suite - using FS or
what ever I find most suitable. At this stage, I have added a load
testing page to the wiki, a modest first step to my contribution.
A few words about my findings regarding load tests: On the surface the
FS compares with the Asterisk: +/- 20% in terms of CPU load. The test
may not credit the FS for possible better resilience. Knowing Asterisk I
also know its instability under load, and with the architecture of the
FS, this may be resolved by design, and I'm looking forward to verifying
that. So I'll - in between the other tasks - continue with load tests
which attempt to simulate real life situations, with complex dial plans
and with erroneous internets. Ideas are welcome!
/Jon