[Freeswitch-users] ODBC Dropping

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 06:20:33 PDT 2008

no you don't have to update?
It's not always our fault when something won't work =D

If the server connection breaks and the ODBC tells us so, those error
messages are what we always do.
You must have some conditions where the mysql driver is malfunctioning
because I leave mine
connected in a similar way and mine stays up.

Are you connecting to mysql over the local unix domain socket? I have never
had much luck with that.
It works much better to just use an IP addr.

Do you have the right version of the mysql plugin for ODBC?, there are a few
bad ones out there.

This error is just passed up to us from the mysql plugin "Invalid cursor
state" maybe google for that
and see what causes it.

2008-10-08 08:05:25 [CRIT] switch_odbc.c:248
db_is_up() The sql server is not responding for DSN freeswitch [STATE:
24000 CODE 0 ERROR: [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51
Driver][mysqld-4.1.22-log]

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 8:11 AM, peder at networkoblivion.com <
peder at networkoblivion.com> wrote:

> I have ODBC going to mysql on the same box as FS and I keep having
> issues where it is dropping and then coming back.  Any ideas where this
> might be occurring or how to fix it?  FYI, the connection is broken long
> before I get the error messages below.  I actually get those when the
> connection comes back up.  Again, all of this is on the same box, so it
> isn't a lan/wan issue or anything like that.  I suspect I will get a
> "update to the latest", but I wanted to check if there are any known
> issues before I do that.
>

> freeswitch at freebert> version
> FreeSWITCH Version 1.0.trunk (9577)
>
> freeswitch at freebert> 2008-10-08 08:05:25 [CRIT] switch_odbc.c:248
> db_is_up() The sql server is not responding for DSN freeswitch [STATE:
> 24000 CODE 0 ERROR: [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51
> Driver][mysqld-4.1.22-log]Invalid cursor state
> ]
>
> 2008-10-08 08:05:25 [INFO] switch_odbc.c:253 db_is_up() The connection
> has been re-established

Anthony Minessale II

FreeSWITCH http://www.freeswitch.org/
ClueCon http://www.cluecon.com/