[Freeswitch-users] Outbound calls from the CLI in Python

Marc Orenberg marc at kasteris.com
Mon Oct 6 20:02:55 PDT 2008

Hello. I was wondering if origination of outbound calls from the CLI is currently supported in Python.
I've been unable to find a working example of this anywhere, and when I try calling a python script from the CLI I always get an error: "Module does not define fsapi".

Here's a non-working example of what I'm trying to do:

import os
from freeswitch import *

def handler(session, args):
    consoleLog("INFO","Im in handler")
    new_session = Session()
    new_session.originate(session,"{ignore_early_media=true}sofia/gateway/" + SIP_CARRIER + "/" + phone_number)