[Freeswitch-users] ODBC through JS

Gayatri Kulkarni xtpl.gayatri at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 06:42:30 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I want to connect to a remote database using javascript.
When i searched the WIki I got this page:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_spidermonkey_odbc#SpiderMonkey_ODBC
I did the steps what are mentioned there, namely:

   1. First download and install unixodbc. See
below<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_spidermonkey_odbc#unixodbc>if
you are struggling with this step. Make sure to install headers,
   libraries and source for the unixodbc library set.
   2. In the FreeSWITCH source directory, uncomment the
   languages/mod_spidermonkey_odbc line within the build/modules.conf file.
   3. Compile core odbc support into freeswitch.

./configure --enable-core-odbc-support
 make all install

The ./configure doesnt give any error nor does the build

When i restart freeswitch, i can see this:
2008-10-06 19:01:43 [ERR] mod_spidermonkey.c:928 sm_load_file() Error
**/usr/local/freeswitch/mod/mod_spidermonkey_odbc.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory**

Will my script run inspite of this?
What am i not doing - something i should do more?

--
Regards,
Gayatri Kulkarni