[Freeswitch-users] Newbie: Autoconf error when installing Freeswitch on Mac OS

John Lum-Wah jlumwah at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 21:41:01 PDT 2008

Hi, I'm new to Freeswitch. I tried installing Freeswitch using the
commands from the wiki

svn checkout http://svn.freeswitch.org/svn/freeswitch/trunk freeswitch

1) su root   % use sudo passwd root to reset the root password if you
don't know the password
      <password>
2) cd /usr/local
3) mkdir src  % create /usr/local/src directory
4) cd src

svn checkout http://svn.freeswitch.org/svn/freeswitch/trunk freeswitch

5) cd freeswitch

  ./bootstrap.sh

I still get the error that autoconf 2.59 or above is needed. I even
tried the command

AUTOCONF=/usr/bin/autoconf ./bootstrap.sh

However, I think this assume that I have an autoconf file in /usr/bin.
Needless to say, I still get the error messages that autoconf 2.59 or
above is required.

Can anyone help me on how to solve this configuration error.

/john