[Freeswitch-users] GotoIf

henkoegema pabx_freeswitch at telenet.be
Sat Oct 4 13:36:59 PDT 2008

Brian West-3 wrote:

> You can bridge or transfer.  If you wanted the exact behavior of
> gotoif then transfer was it.  Since you wanted to send it to extension
> 1000 in context default.  Using bridge doesn't do that.  If you notice
> in the default config their are things like voicemail, and various
> other things that get set when you call 1000 but when you bridge you
> bypass all that and the extension now has NO voicemail or any of the
> features setup by calling 1000 directly in the dialplan.

This doesn't work:
<extension name="ext1">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="2020"/>
       <condition field="caller_id_number"  expression="2000">
        <action application="transfer" data="999 XML default"/>
      </condition>
   </extension>

But this does:

<extension name="ext1">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="2020"/>
       <condition field="caller_id_number"  expression="2000">
        <action application="bridge" data="sofia/internal/9999@$${domain}"/>
      </condition>
   </extension>

I've been testing endless with these examples. That's why I came to the
(wrong) conclusion that  transfer doesn't work and bridge does.
Until I saw my mistake:
<action application="transfer" data="999 XML default"/>
should have been
<action application="transfer" data="9999 XML default"/>

Sorry for the confusion.
You were so right Brian.    :clap: