[Freeswitch-users] Configuring different codecs for internal and external calls.

Maxim Karp mkarp at securesilence.com
Sun Nov 30 20:18:25 PST 2008

Hi Brian,

No it does not do what I expect.

When I make outgoing calls from a Freeswitch extension (using GSM) and then
out to a gateway using PCMU everything works fine.

When I receive calls from the same gateway, the end point behind the gateway
can't hear me.

The GSM-PSMU (and viceversa) transcoding for outgoing from an endpoint
associated with a  Freeswitch  extension to the external gateway is perfect
but incoming there seems to be an issue.

Any ideas?

Maxim.