[Freeswitch-users] switch_ivr_set_user() can't find user

Michael Collins mcollins at fcnetwork.com
Tue Nov 25 17:23:20 PST 2008

One way to help narrow it down is to revert back to an earlier working
version. In fact, if you can find the tipping point where it went from
working to not-working then that would really help narrow things down.

Do you know the last rev that actually worked? Looking at the change
logs I see a fair amount of stuff being done on sofia and related
modules. Try reverting back to something like r10527 and doing make &&
make install, then see if you can recreate the issue. If you cannot
duplicate the issue then you've at least narrowed it down to something
done in the past 32 hours. If not then you need to go back further. I
always look for changes to the files that have the function/error in
question. You'll see lots of changes in the changelog:

http://fisheye.freeswitch.org/changelog/FreeSWITCH

Some quick grepping around in the source shows that this function is
prominent in two key files (among others but these two are very
important files): sofia.c and mod_dptools.c.  Therefore I would check
the changelog for modifications to either of those files and then revert
to the rev just previous and give it a test. Who knows? You might learn
so much about the innards of FS that you could submit a patch! :) If not
you could just submit a jira report noting the rev where the issue first
appears and let Tony or Mike do the rest.

Hope this helps at least a little bit...

-MC

BTW, this is why I try to upgrade frequently - if it worked yesterday
but not today then I have a pretty good idea where to start searching
for the culprit...