[Freeswitch-users] Why does a SIP forked dial select just the first 183?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Nov 20 07:18:20 PST 2008

2008/11/20 Anthony Minessale <anthony.minessale at gmail.com>:
> if you want to wait for the first one to answer instead of indicate progress
> you add
> {ignore_early_media=true} to the beginning of the dial string
> <action application="bridge"
> data="{ignore_early_media=true}sofa/profile/200 at dom.com,sofia/profile/201 at dom.com"/>

Great, but does it mean that the early media will not arrive to the caller?
This is:

- alice calls to extension 5000.
- FS does a parallel call to bob and carol with ignore_early_media=true.
- bob replies 183 with SDP while carol just a 100 Trying for now.
- I expect that FS would choose the SDP from bob and send it back to alice.

Will it be the behaviour with ignore_early_media=true ?
Or will FS drop the 183 and send "nothing" to the caller?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>