[Freeswitch-users] ACD Queues

Ken Treis ken at miriamtech.com
Sat Nov 15 16:21:28 PST 2008

Hello all,

I managed to set up and play with FreeSWITCH a little (thanks to some
great help from Brian via IRC a couple of months ago, thanks Brian!)
but I am having trouble figuring out if FreeSWITCH is able to support
automatic call distribution. I'm new to FreeSwitch but fairly familiar
with Asterisk, where mod_queue does everything I need -- except work
properly on EC2.

Is there any similar solution for FreeSWITCH? I have looked through
the documentation on FIFOs but for our application I need the caller
the software to dial agents when a call comes in, rather than having
the agents wait on the line until somebody arrives. I also need the
caller to be able to press a key to leave a message instead of
continuing to wait in queue. If mod_fifo can do both of those things,
then I'd be set.

Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.