[Freeswitch-users] Tones.conf data for Argentina

Gonzalo Servat gservat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 12:24:44 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Gonzalo Servat <gservat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a single port FXO card which works really well with FS. I even got
> Zaptel patched with OSLEC which eliminted the little echo I had. The only
> trouble I'm left with is that when I call my house and let it ring twice
> then hangup, FS would never detect that the remote side hanged up. I figured
> my telco doesn't vary the signal levels on hangup so my only choice is
> detecting hangup by tones. I decided to try the tone_detect app as follows:
>
>       <action application="tone_detect" data="busy 425 r +2000 hangup
> user_busy"/>
>
> Here is the tones data from the ITU document:
>
> Argentine Republic
> Busy tone -                         425           0.3 on 0.2 off
> Congestion tone -                   425           0.3 on 0.4 off
> Dial tone -                         425           continuous
> End of three party service tone -   950/1400/1800 1x(3x0.33 on)
> Ringing tone -                      425           1.0 on 4.0 off
> Service activated tone -            425           1.0 on 0.25 off
> Warning tone - operator intervening 1400          5x0.1 on 1.9 off
> Waiting tone -                      425           0.4 on 0.2 off 0.4 on 4.0
> off
> Call waiting tone -                 425           0.3 on 10.0 off

[..snip..]

I've come up with the following data for tones.conf for Argentina. I thought
it might help others:

[ar]
generate-busy => v=-7;%(300,200,425)
generate-dial => v=-7;%(1000,0,425)
generate-ring => v=-7;%(1000,4000,425)
generate-callwaiting-sas => v=0;%(300,10000,425)

detect-busy => 425
detect-dial => 425
detect-ring => 425
detect-callwaiting-sas => 425

I'm not sure how to test if this works or not (simply because, with the "us"
tonegroup, I was able to dialout and receive calls just fine, as well as
detect busy tones).

The problem remains that *sometimes* in the middle of phone calls, the call
drops as FS "detects" a busy tone (which, of course, never happened)

- Gonzalo