[Freeswitch-users] T1/E1 card

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Nov 14 10:58:52 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:47 AM, Mitul Limbani <mitul at enterux.com> wrote:

> Ok great I shall get detailed report in a day or two.
>
> This time I shall use tor compatible card since the sangoma card already
> went into on production system using asterisk.
>
> Just wanted to ask if the PRI stack is complete or its work in progress?

I've been using OZ PRI with DMS and 5ESS protocol variants with very good
success. I don't know about the EuroISDN yet. I know that Stefan is working
on a lot of Q931 stuff, including timers. It's pretty intense. He's making
progress but I don't know how soon he'll be done. Until then I recommend
being careful about putting the OZ PRI stack into production without a few
precautions. The most difficult symptom to be aware of is having b channels
get "stuck" in various states. For example, after hundreds of calls I start
to get b channels that are stuck in states like "TERMINATING" or "HANGUP"
but never actually make it back to DOWN, i.e. the idle state. The only
correlation I can find is that the higher the traffic volume, the more
frequently I see these stuck channels. Right now the only cure is to restart
FS. Mike and Tony are going to work on an "oz bounce <span>" command but it
hasn't trickled up the priority list yet. (I'm sure a quick visit to Tony's
paypal account would do the trick!)

-MC