[Freeswitch-users] Javascript, conference, play and say

Birgit Arkesteijn birgit at westhawk.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 10:08:25 PST 2008

Hi all,

I'm implementing the following in javascript:
1. One person, the consumer, is in a conference.
2. I ring the next person, the merchant (mSession).
3. Before dropping the merchant into the conference I want to:
    3a. Play a jingle (mSession.streamFile) and
        say (mSession.speak) something to the merchant
    3b. Play a jingle to the consumer:
        apiExecute("conference", saymember)
4. Drop the merchant in the conference.

The calls to mSession return after play and say are finished, whereas
apiExecute returns immediately.

Ideally I like 3a. and 3b. to be finished at the same time, i.e. do them
in parallel instead of sequential.

Can anyone see an alternative way to achieve this?

I cannot use apiExecute on the merchant: I don't see which command I
could use.
I cannot use session on the consumer, I tried.

Cheers, Birgit

--
-- Birgit Arkesteijn, birgit at westhawk.co.uk,
-- Westhawk Ltd, Albion Wharf, 19 Albion Street, Manchester M1 5LN, UK