[Freeswitch-users] freepy and outbound event socket

Novak Joe joes.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 04:55:08 PST 2008

Hi,
  I'd like to know if there are any python examples floating around
which use outbound event socket for mod_event_socket.
  I've recently had some problems with mod_python and sqlalchemy which
have been causing freeswitch to dump core on a regular basis.  I
haven't been able to solve this, and have instead decided to switch to
mod_event_socket and freepy.
  I've been looking through the scripts/socket/  dir in the freeswitch
source, and the following wiki pages:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_Socket
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Event_socket_outbound

  there is a pretty nice, simple perl example (sock.pl) using outbound
socket, which I've played around a bit with, but the freepy examples
don't seem to have anything similar; rather they all seem to use
inbound socket.  If anyone is using python/twisted for outbound socket
applications (e.g. to answer calls) I would appreciate any pointers,
or trivial examples similar to sock.pl
  In the meantime I'll try to come up with something of my own.
Cheers